Hello everyone! We have good news and bad news...
We've upgraded to Mastodon v3.3.0. More details here:
Our object storage provider is having issues today which has broken media on this instance. Hopefully normal service will resume shortly.
HELLO EVERYONE! It's the 1st of December and to celebrate we've upgraded to Mastodon v3.3.0rc1 🙂
More details here: https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/releases/tag/v3.3.0rc1
Hello everyone! I hope you're having a nice day. I'm having a nice day. And the fediverse is having a nice day!
And guess what? Mastodon v3.2.1 has been released! And we've upgraded to it already!
More details here:
We've not asked for donations since the first lockdowns earlier this year, as we know a lot of people will be in difficult circumstances, however we've still received several donations since then.
Thanks to everyone who's donated, it means a lot to us!
This instance is and always will be a free service, but anything that helps cover our costs is hugely appreciated. Stay well and stay safe folks! ❤️
Hello everyone! We've upgraded the instance to Mastodon v3.2.0. More details here:
There's an issue with playback of audio files that was introduced in v3.2.0rc1 which does have a workaround, but which we've not successfully implemented. We'll get this fixed as soon as we can.
Hello my little friends! Today we have upgraded to Mastodon v3.2.0rc2, and that's got to be a good thing, right?
More info here:
Hello there! We've upgraded to Mastodon version 3.2.0rc1. More details here:
Hi everyone! We've updated to Mastodon v3.1.5:
As always thanks to Eugen and the rest of the Mastodon development team for all their hard work 🙂
Hi everyone! We've upgraded to Mastodon v3.1.4. More details here:
We've removed the block of recent spam registrations and have blocked the offending IP addresses to try and prevent future issues. Registration is now open again.
Hi everyone, due to a recent surge in spam registrations we've temporarily moved to approval-based registrations. We'll move back to the normal registration model once we've dealt with these.
So, after carrying out some forensic investigation on what went wrong, it appears that our upgrade to a newer version of Redis didn't work. It looked like it had, but hadn't.
We've corrected the issue with Redis and everything appears to be _properly_ working now, but we'll monitor the situation.
Unfortunately because of the nature of the issue the @trumpet account didn't receive any of your messages saying there was a problem!
Apologies for any inconvenience caused folks 🙂